Unexpected Enlightenment Day!

If I have ever found favor in your eyes, kind reader, please go to Amazon and click on my wife’s book to help raise her numbers.

rachel-griffin-cover

If you want to read a Harry Potter style book with lots of teen angst and a clever mystery (and see my character Sigfried Smith in action — I was the adviser on that character, meaning he talks and acts just like me) then by allĀ  means buy the book. But clicking on it will be a service to us nonetheless.

1. Comment by deiseach:

I wanted to read the rest of this story since I read the excerpt on your wife’s blog, and since I got some unexpected money yesterday, I’ve ordered from Amazon.

It says it won’t be out till November, but that just means delayed gratification :-)

2. Comment by Sean Michael:

Dear Mr. Wright:

In obedience to your supplication, I clicked on the link to your wife’s book. Looks interesting, maybe I’ll buy it when it comes out.

Sean M. Brooks

3. Comment by Nate Winchester:

Clicked on the link, heck I even added it to my wishlist as I’ve been wanting to sample one of your wife’s books and this looks more my style than the Prospero series. Might ask it for christmas. =)

4. Comment by curtjester:

Will it be available on Kindle later?

The Prospero series was one of my favorites in recent years and I would instantly pull the trigger in buying her new book. But I much prefer ebooks.

5. Comment by Robert Mitchell Jr:

Um, sir, get an Amazon button. The least you can do is get us coming and going…..

6. Comment by edward.pluchar:

Will click – thanks for the tip!

Also, I’m a fairly new (though voracious) reader here, and I was wondering what the best way is to send you a question. I haven’t been able to find a “Contact” form.

Thank you.

• Comment by lampwright:

Did John answer you? You can message him on Livejournal. Or write me and I’ll forward it to him. (I’m John’s wife): gmail account, name: arhyalon

• Comment by edward.pluchar:

Hello Mrs. Wright!

Indeed, he did answer me, and even sold me one of your books (in the most polite way possible). My wife is currently reading it, and I plan to read it when she’s done. We have four kids (three daughters), so I’m interested in finding good reading ahead of the age when they will require it.

Thanks for your note.

7. Comment by ERaskob:

The release date is shown as November, but Amazon says I should receive it next week! :-)

8. Comment by Suzanne:

Just read the excerpt on your wife’s site. Sigfried Smith rather reminds me of my husband.

9. Comment by deiseach:

This morning the Irish poet, Seamus Heaney, died.

ANAHORISH

My “place of clear water,”
    the first hill in the world
    where springs washed into

With pails and barrows

those mound-dwellers
    go waist-deep in mist
    to break the light ice
    at wells and dunghills.

10. Comment by CPE Gaebler:

Are you SURE Siegfried is based on you? I read the four-chapter excerpt, and he didn’t seem NEARLY as pompously overwinded. To say nothing of the fact that he hardly mentioned Catwoman or Nubile Space Princesses even ONCE!

11. Comment by Carbonel:

For anyone playing catchup (as I am) and reading vast chunks of blogs at once: I love this book so much!

It’s much more mythopoeic than Harry Potter, and also more of a school story. It’s most like a junior Dick Francis novel with joyous magic in: Take a world you know nothing about but that the author has researched in depth and is bringing to life for you. Insert a thoroughly decent person (usually a jockey: Albeit a broomstick jockey in this one) who must face a mystery with the adventure thrown at her at a breakneck pace. The challenges will be mostly physical but will also contain a strong moral element that the character will rise to meet rather than wallowing in antinomian self-hating ineffectiveness, even if (in this case) the protagonist still has a fair bit of growing up to do. Such fun.